Delivery of Services
Delivery of services is a critical element of special education that encompasses how a preschool child with a disability will receive the special education supports and services as written in the Individualized Education Program (IEP).
- Determine how IEP teams make placement decisions to ensure a free, appropriate public education (FAPE) with access to the preschool general education curriculum in the child's LRE
- Identify the requirements for ensuring that the individual child's progress is monitored and shared with parents
- Identify who is responsible for providing special education services and the supervisory responsibilities
- Describe the environmental requirements such as housing, facilities, materials, equipment, and supplies necessary for staff to serve preschool students with disabilities
- Indicate which waivers are allowable in rule that preschool programs may request
- Identify maximum caseloads and the requirements for workload considerations for preschool special education staff
This module has received the Ohio Approved (OA) designation.